AI Enhanced Customer Experiences is a term that refers to using AI technologies like machine learning, chatbots and conversational UX to improve the customer experience by making it more efficient and less of a hassle. It also includes tools to help support agents complete repetitive tasks and analyze customer feedback. AI can help organizations understand their customers better, personalize their offerings, resolve problems faster, and engage customers across multiple channels.
AI is important for customer experience because it can help organizations deliver the proactive, personalized service customers want, when and how they want it. AI can also help organizations understand their customers better, by analyzing their behavior, preferences, feedback and sentiment. AI can also help organizations improve their efficiency and productivity, by automating repetitive tasks, optimizing processes, and reducing costs. AI can also help organizations create more engaging and memorable customer experiences, by offering customized recommendations, interactive chatbots, and conversational UX.
There are many ways you can use AI to enhance your customer experience, depending on your goals and challenges. Here are some examples:
• You can use AI-powered chatbots to offer 24/7 customer support with self-service options, provide quicker resolutions, reduce errors, and route incoming calls or messages to the right agents.
• You can use AI to deliver personalized recommendations based on customers’ behavior, preferences, and feedback, and anticipate their needs and potential issues.
• You can use AI to analyze customer data to predict and prevent churn, identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities, and segment customers for targeted marketing campaigns.
• You can use AI to track how customers feel in real time by using natural language processing and sentiment analysis on their comments and reviews.
• You can use AI to create conversational UX that enables customers to interact with your brand using natural language via voice or text.
There are many examples of AI-enhanced customer experiences across different industries and domains. Here are some of them:
• Brinks Home, a smart-home-technology business, used AI to test thousands of combinations of messages and offers, optimize service-call scheduling, help cross-sell recommendations, and conduct customer outreach for wireless system upgrades. This resulted in increased revenue, package size, and customer satisfaction.
• Unity, a 3D development platform, used AI-powered self-service options to deflect almost 8,000 tickets and save roughly $1.3 million in a year. It also improved its first-response time by 83 percent and its customer satisfaction score to 93 percent.
• Coda Payments, a payment service provider for digital content creators, used a bot to handle simple queries and filter spam tickets. This reduced the number of tickets and agents’ workloads, increased the employee Net Promoter Score to 85 percent, and boosted the customer satisfaction score to 90 percent.
• FullStory, a digital experience intelligence platform, used AI to streamline its workflows and enable agents to notify the correct department directly within the Zendesk interface without switching apps. This improved the efficiency and collaboration of the support team.
AI-enhanced customer experiences are the practice of using AI technologies to make every touchpoint as efficient and hassle-free as possible for customers and support agents. AI can help organizations deliver proactive, personalized, and engaging service across multiple channels, while also improving their efficiency, productivity, and cost reduction. There are many examples of AI-enhanced customer experiences across different industries and domains, and many benefits for both customers and businesses. However, there are also some challenges and best practices to consider when implementing AI for customer experience.